Search Posts

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Make You Visible


Yesterday, I wept through the first half of a memoir. Not my own, though considering the emotional story behind the situation, it might well have been. Never has a single work scratched at so many of my own scabs simultaneously.

A common activity like reading can become a catharsis when I allow my heart to remain open to the experience. When I read with soulful eyes rather than earthly ones, boundaries disappear. I, as reader, become one with the writer—as if we could ever have been separate. The same is so for oration. When I listen intently, I hear what’s intended, and I relate.

Another’s words can stir my memory, evoking scenes of the past I hadn’t realized I’d forgotten. Sometimes, smiles abound. At others, tears stream. When you share your story with me, I am no longer alone. In the knowing of you, I come to know me better.

Dare to make you visible. Share your story. Others are waiting to know you.

Be enlightened!  ~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment